Re: Laptops, Mac-to-Windows

Subject: Re: Laptops, Mac-to-Windows
From: Rebecca Merck <Rebecca -dot- Merck -at- ONESOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 13:10:27 -0500

John Bell said:

Both Wintel laptops and Mac laptops can accept external monitors,
keyboards, and mice. For both platforms docking stations make the
use of these external devices easier. There are a few differences
between the Mac and PC use of external devices however.

<snip>

4) Hot swapping. The new Mac G3 Powerbooks support hot swapping. You
can pull out a hard drive and replace it with a zip drive or floppy
drive
while the computer is still on. I think it has to be in "sleep" mode,
but I'm not
sure.

** My Gateway PC laptop also supports hot-swapping of the hard drive; it
too needs to be in "sleep" mode.

-Rebecca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=