Re: The humor problem

Subject: Re: The humor problem
From: "J. David Hickey" <jdhickey -at- SYMPATICO -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 08:53:02 -0800

Greetings!

> comprehend). I merely responded to that in a childish way. It's a
> joke! A joke that also makes a point.

I get the feeling that some people think that because the email appears in
their mailbox, any sarcastic remark is directed towards them, their family,
their friends, and maybe even the dog. It's a group thing boys and girls and
that means we all have different views on life. If you consistently don't like
a person's posts, then don't read it. Put them in your twit filter and you'll
never hear from them again.

But let's not kill humour in this group please? While the group gives me plenty
of information on stuff, it also allows me to laugh with those of my ilk. As a
solo contractor, I get so little of that.

I have a couple of theories on the Plato Posting Phenomenon:

* Andrew posts his humour and counts how many subsequest posts it generates
* Andrew and Eric are actually the same person, but wearing different hats

Well... I did say I only had a couple...

--
Be seeing you,

Dave
---
John David Hickey
jdhickey -at- sympatico -dot- ca
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Hills/7829/

514-482-8702
Montréal, Québec

They say the pen is mightier than the sword.
But if you miss a deadline, you'd better bring the sword.
---

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=