Re: Word Usage

Subject: Re: Word Usage
From: "Beard, Samuel" <Samuel -dot- Beard -at- GSC -dot- GTE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 11:48:59 -0800

Thought I'd come out of lurkdom for a comment or three. I recently read
an editorial by Marion Zimmer Bradley, science fiction/fantasy author and
editor/owner of MZB's Fantasy Magazine. She talked about some of her pet
peeves on word usage seen by authors submitting work to her magazine. Some
of the ones she listed are:
affect vs. effect, ensure vs. insure, and others that I can't recall right
now. Again, the improper choice of these words could cause translators major
problems.

Just thought some might find this interesting. Back to lurking.

Sam Beard
Technical Writer, GSC, GTE

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=