Re: Opinions re MS Publisher

Subject: Re: Opinions re MS Publisher
From: Lynda Straus <Lynda_Straus -at- THEMONEYSTORE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:22:21 -0800

Emmy,

I don't know anything about Publisher, but Word may work out for you for
this project.

If you just link the bitmaps to the Word doc rather than embedding, then
hopefully the file size won't be too onerous. Or, if you reduce the
bitmaps to 16-color, they may be small enough to embed. I use Word for
manuals of 50-150 pages, and have no trouble, but I'm careful to keep
everything as "clean" as I can (use as few styles as possible, 16-color
small-size bitmaps, no extraordinary formatting in tables or other
troublesome-type spots, etc.).

Lynda Straus
Sr. Technical Writer
The Money Store