quality of technical documentation

Subject: quality of technical documentation
From: Poppy Quintal <poppy_q -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:24:13 PST

Can anyone answer the question below from one of my colleagues? We have
been able to come up with information on various quality methods,
metrics, etc, but so far nothing that "specifically" allows the
measurement of quality as a comparison between different sets of
documentation.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Poppy Quintal
poppy_q -at- hotmail -dot- com

------------------------------------
We are attempting to attain an accepted and proven form of measurement,
if not an actual formula, as it relates to the "quality" of technical
documentation. The assumption is that this "yard stick" could be a
vehicle that will allow us to grade the quality of our technical
manuals, compared to those of our competition. Quality, in this context,
could mean accuracy, readability, consistency, etc. In essence, we are
trying to acquire concrete empirical results from something quite
abstract. Is there such a "yard stick" out there that we can use?

Thanks,

Chris

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=