Re: SERIOUS: Formal vs. informal organizations

Subject: Re: SERIOUS: Formal vs. informal organizations
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 1999 17:09:22 -0800

On Sun, 7 Mar 1999 16:07:45 -0800, Dawn-Marie Oliver wrote:

>And, I think the key to successful technical communicators is
>the ability and desire to create these personal bonds. Sometimes,
>the ability to get the job out on time in a bureaucratic environment
>depends on the network of bonds you've created.

I think that's ESPECIALLY true for a technical communicator. Other people
have information and knowledge you need, and often have no good reason to
simply give it to you. Extracting the necessary information in a timely
matter can be a direct result of the relationships you build with those
people.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Living in the limelight, the universal dream, for those who wish to seem
Those who wish to be, must put aside the alienation
Get on with the fascination, the real relation
The underlying theme...
- Rush, "Limelight"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=