Conferences, cash and confusion

Subject: Conferences, cash and confusion
From: Adam Roberts <aroberts -at- RINGROSA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:32:04 +0100

This time in plain text. Sorry! (maybe the conference could help iron out my

I'm interested in going to the Online help conference '99 in London, but
after receiving the brochure this morning, I don't see how this would be
possible. Can I expect my company, a reasonably small start up, to pay
£650($1000+/-) to send me to a two day conference? Of course on top of this
they would then have to pay transport and accommodation which would add up
to a sum I'd be very reluctant to propose to them. How would I be able to
justify such expenditure on their part? Would they really see a difference
in the knowledge and capabilities of their only technical writer?

Adam Roberts
RING! Telecom France

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=