Re: Formal vs. informal organizations

Subject: Re: Formal vs. informal organizations
From: David Farbey <dfarbey -at- BAAN -dot- NL>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 14:53:32 +0100

I have to agree with Steve. From my experience the problems of too little
structure are far more frustrating than those caused by too much structure.

There's a trite piece of office humor about a job given to four characters
named Somebody, Anybody, Everybody, and Nobody, which actually has a point.
If work and responsibilities are not properly allocated and demarcated, some
work is done twice, other work is ignored, and everyone is unhappy.

Of course successful organizations benefit from the informal networks of
contacts built up by the people in it, but there has to be some framework.
Otherwise, who's going to pay the bills?

David Farbey
dfarbey -at- baan -dot- nl

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=