Re: Covering all the bases (Re: SERIOUS: Formal vs. informal orga nizations)

Subject: Re: Covering all the bases (Re: SERIOUS: Formal vs. informal orga nizations)
From: Scott Miller <smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:47:37 -0800

Not only does the media like to overdramatize, but they're part of the
corporate power structure, and as such, minimizing consumer protection is
just fine with them. Let's see... how do I relate this to tech writing...
um... OK, so biased media coverage is like bad tech writing: it might be
concise, grammatically correct, perfectly-spelled, and completely accurate,
but it doesn't tell us what we need to know.

- Scott M
smiller -at- portal -dot- com

> Anyway, my point is that there may be even fewer "ridiculous"
> lawsuits than we think. On the whole, juries are not idiots. (I have been
> juror more than once.) Often cases that seem silly when reported by the
> media, who want to overdramatize things, are not silly when you look into
> the actual facts. I don't think it's truly necessary to include a warning
> in
> the hammer manual against hitting oneself on the head with the product.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=