Re: Web page displays and screen resolution

Subject: Re: Web page displays and screen resolution
From: Mike Stockman <stockman -at- JAGUNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 09:32:23 -0500

On 3/9/99 2:05 AM, Debbie Pesach (dpesach -at- SOHOLYNK -dot- COM) wrote:

>Since (I think) the issue is not screen size but screen resolution,
>could you brilliant denizens please give me a quick tutorial on what
>determines how web pages are displayed and what would be considered the
>best resolution to set the pages.

There was a very good article about that in a recent TidBITS (a
Mac-oriented ezine)... it's kind of basic in some parts, but the author
does a decent job of explaining the differences between platforms. In
particular, the author discusses why pages "designed for Windows" are
often unreadable to Mac users because of the tiny font size being used.

Check it out at http://www.tidbits.com/tb-issues/TidBITS-467.html#lnk3

Hope it helps,
----->Mike

Internet: stockman -at- jagunet -dot- com AOL: MStockman
AOL Instant Messenger: MStockman

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=