Screen capture for online viewing

Subject: Screen capture for online viewing
From: Larry Hoffenberg <LarryHoff -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 19:12:33 -0700

Greetings All,

For a variety of reasons (with which I generally concur), my client wants to
include screen captures in the training materials we are going to publish on
our intranet. The problem is that most of our application's dialog boxes are
near full-screen in size, so we want to resample them down to as small as
possible while maintaining legibility. We can't seem to get below about an
85% reduction before loosing all detail. We've got the full Corel 8 graphics
tool set, plus we can acquire other tools if necessary.

Can any offer tips or tricks as to how to capture, manipulate and reduce
screen captures as small as possible for viewing online? Can anyone
successfully reduce captures much below 85%?

Thanks,

Larry
Larry Hoffenberg
Technical Writing Consultant

TechWriter -at- att -dot- net

If you object to government taking 50% of YOUR
hard-earned income (and they DO just take it),
join the LIBERTARIAN PARTY! www.lp.org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=