Re: Need help with a recommendation

Subject: Re: Need help with a recommendation
From: Bill Hartzer <BHartzer -at- PAGEMART -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 10:41:00 -0600

Gwen Thomas wrote:
In speaking of the need for better equipment, Suzette Seveny wrote:
"Ergonomics doesn't matter to this company at all, only productivity."

===========
(Not having to spend) money talks!
Last year I got sick and tired of always "asking my employer" for the
proper computer equipment to write awesome technical documentation. I
went out and bought my *OWN* equipment: an incredibly fast laptop with a
docking station (and ergo keyboard/mouse), and a 21 inch monitor.

Employers have never complained that I had my own equipment. But most of
them insisted that they provide me a pc and monitor, so I just use that
equipment as well (usually running their applications on their system and
documenting on my system).

I don't have to worry about whether or not my "employer" has the proper
equipment available for me to do my job. And as a contractor, I can take
it off my taxes as a business expense. (I would suspect that if you're a
full-timer you could take it off your taxes, as well).

Regards,
Bill Hartzer
Senior Technical Writer
IS Documentation Group
PageMart Wireless, Inc.
voice (214) 765-4330
voicemail pager (214) 798-3620 pin#1338853
fax (214) 765-4906
internet email: bhartzer -at- pagemart -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=