contract agencies/find the right job

Subject: contract agencies/find the right job
From: Jenna Parsons <jennabluewind -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:42:24 PST

Anon,

I am a contractor as well and I can share your concern. The agency I am
currently working for did not have much better luck when I first joined
them. It took them over a month to get back to me with an opening during
a time when the market was full of positions. I wanted to go with this
company, though, because some of my colleagues worked for them and had
rave reviews of the benefits (comparable to what you have). In the long
run I found out that they were short staffed on site because they had
lost two recruiters recently. I also found that by contacting them
regularly (once or twice a week), I was able to keep them aware of my
search. I found much better results with the frequent reminders.

In addition, you can also look for the work yourself and suggest
openings to your agency. My agency pays out bonuses for new business
referrals and yours may do them same. Find this out *before* you go
shopping. You might find yourself a bonus as well.

If you just don't have time to do the shopping yourself, then call them
frequently. Start with a full discussion with the person heading up your
search and let them know what you would consider an *ideal* position.
Once they know what that is, let them know what you would accept that is
short of that position. Location is a valid concern! Don't feel shy
about bringing it up. They will appreciate it.

Hope this helps,

Jenna C. Parsons

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=