Re: Help! First TW job interview

Subject: Re: Help! First TW job interview
From: "Comeau, Lisa" <Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- MOH -dot- GOV -dot- ON -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 09:45:04 -0500

<playing Devil's Advocate - I'm already in Hell today, no flames needed>

Let's stop to think a moment here... is it possible they need more tech
writers because they are really bad at expressing their needs in writing?

Maybe when they say "25-35 years of age" they really mean someone who is old
enough to probably have gone to University, and has some "real-world" life
experience?

I'm not excusing their behavior, but there may be a method to their madness
that they're not sure how to word it.

"Someone who is out of that annoying 'high school mentality' who can handle
pressure, and isn't out getting looped on Wednesday at lunch, and is
relatively responsible - like, doesn't live with their Mom who still does
their laundry and cooks for 'em" would be more objectionable - but would
probably weed out more candidates...

Please don't get me wrong, I know some 40 year olds who wouldn't qualify if
the above restrictions were placed... but I think maybe we should think
about what they really mean when they give age restrictions - they're
looking for responsibility, and, unfortunately, alot of people mistakenly
feel that it comes with age. I know some 16 year olds who'd be great for
this position if it weren't for the fact that they haven't graduated High
School... (which I personally think to be very important...I have younger
sisters - what can I say?)

My 2 cents (defending the company just because I can...)

Lisa Comeau
Office (416) 327-1112
Pager (416) 715-9198
mailto:Lisa -dot- Comeau -at- moh -dot- gov -dot- on -dot- ca

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=