TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
JOB: Full-time perm Technical Writer, Redwood City, CA
Subject:JOB: Full-time perm Technical Writer, Redwood City, CA From:"O'Neill, Kate" <kateo -at- CINEBASE -dot- COM> Date:Fri, 12 Mar 1999 16:36:45 -0800
Job Opportunity with Exciting Media Management Software Company
Position: Technical Writer (full-time permanent)
The individual will be responsible for information gathering, organizing,
writing, reviewing, and editing technical documents, for end user as well as
developer audiences. He or she must interface frequently with engineering
and other internal groups for research and document planning. The successful
candidate will produce high-quality technical material using applications
such as Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, Adobe Acrobat and others as
appropriate. Energy, enthusiasm, and motivation are key qualities of this
- Experience in software documentation. Experience in documenting APIs and
development kits strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Word and/or FrameMaker required. Familiarity with both
- Familiarity with HTML a plus.
- Experience with document design, editing, and layout desirable. Pre-press
experience also a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly and concisely.
- Minimum of two years of technical writing experience.
- BA in English, journalism or related, or BS in technical field.
- Conveniently located in downtown Redwood City.
- Competitive salary and benefits including medical, dental, and 401(k)
Please send resume (text, URL, HTML, PDF, or MS Word) to:
Kate O'Neill (Manager of Documentation)
Redwood City, CA 94063
kateo -at- cinebase -dot- com
Manager of Documentation, Cinebase Software
kateo -at- cinebase -dot- com http://www.cinebase.com/
direct: 650-568-7343 general: 650-568-7320