Re: Looking for samples

Subject: Re: Looking for samples
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 16:28:37 -0800

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999 12:56:01 -0000, Sean Olson wrote:

>I have just found this list and really enjoy it, but can anyone tell me if
>the pronunciation for "techwr-l" has been worked out? I found myself
>stumbling mid-sentence as I told my grad advisor about it. Having a name
>would really help.

It's pronounced "Tech-whirl". Participants are known as "Techwhirlers".

At least, it was when I joined 'way back when...

Your friend and mine,
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

To seek the sacred river Alph
To walk the caves of ice
To break my fast on honeydew
And drink the milk of Paradise...