Re: Looking for samples

Subject: Re: Looking for samples
From: Jerry Kenney <gmkenney -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:35:35 -0500

Ben Kovitz wrote in response to:

> Sean Olson:
> <snip>I am
> >an M.A. candidate at CSU San Bernardino in the department of Composition
> >and Rhetoric writing my thesis on Technical Writing and the community of
> >technical writers. <etc>
> I guess I'm in a crusty mood right now, but I hope this helps.

I thought Ben's crusty mood showed a great deal of restraint. My own feelings
are that a person in a MA program wanting to write on technical writing and the
community of technical writers ought to go out and walk among that community.
Maybe start with getting a technical writing job, producing a few manuals,
writing a help file or two, negotiating with supervisors and programmers or
engineers before s/he tries to broadcast general questions of minor
consequence. The last place to look for truth is the internet.

As I say, those are my own feelings. Unlike Ben, crustiness is not a mood with
me; it is an enduring condition.

Jerry Kenney

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=