digest infected with Happy99

Subject: digest infected with Happy99
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 01:40:23 -0600

My last copy of the digest (Sunday night) had the Happy99
worm attached. If you posted on that digest, you could be
the one (or ones) with this on your system.

If you're not familiar with this worm (not a virus), read
about it at
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/happy99.worm.html
where you can also find a fix. If you have Norton AntiVirus,
be sure to get the latest update (March 8). I'm sure Dr.
Solomon and McAfee have some remedy by now, too.

Best wishes and safer computing!

Alfred Aldo Watkins
Senior Technical Scribbler
Cooperative Computing, Inc.