Re: Can anyone tell me...

Subject: Re: Can anyone tell me...
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 00:30:22 GMT

In addition to being progressive, I also consider a training manual to
be a superset of features. For example, when I was in a Framemaker
training class, we learned how to get to the paragraph format dialog,
how to change basics like fonts and indents, but not about the
advanced features. Most training material needs to get the user up and
running on the program, but requires them to learn more about the
program as they're using it.

Barb

On Sat, 20 Mar 1999 13:02:07 -0800, you wrote:

>In my estimation, a user manual is both a "how-to" and a reference the
>user can use any time she or he has a question. A training manual, on
>the other hand, provides a step-by-step, feature-by-feature process by
>which to learn something. It's progressive in nature.
>
>Hope that helps some.
>
>Robert

Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
Technical Writing. caslonsvcs -at- ibm -dot- net
Cleveland, OH

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000