Context-sensitive help

Subject: Context-sensitive help
From: Sybille Sterk <sybille -at- BOFFIN -dot- BEYOND2000 -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 07:42:58 +0000

Dear all,

I have trouble with some of my mapped topics. Two dialogs display neither
the help topic nor a "topic not found" dialog box, the third one (a tabbed
dialog) displays the default topic for the main dialog and for all tabs the
same help topic, instead of the defined, different topics. Also, all of the
topics are displayed in really large window.

The program itself is a 16-bit application and has been written in Visual
Basic, the help is a Windows 95 help, i.e. 32-bit, not using any HAT except
for the Windows help compiler; the mapped topics are included in the MAP
section of the HPJ file.

I've been thinking about the large topic window problem and the only thing
I can think of is that this happens because my main window is called
"Default" instead of "Main" and Visual Basic therefore makes up its own
window size to display the F1 help. I probably could rename all the default
windows to main windows, but before I do that, I'd rather try something
else (the help is quite big...).

Any ideas what else could be the problem?

TIA,

Sybille

Sybille Sterk
Technical Author and Translator (German)
email: sybille -at- boffin -dot- beyond2000 -dot- co -dot- uk

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=