Re: CSS with Netscape

Subject: Re: CSS with Netscape
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 16:47:17 -0500

Wing, Michael J
> "Standard" scripting will not create objects. "Standard"
> scripting will not return a programmable object for a currently running application.

It would certainly be nice if there were a browser that started with the standard scripting and added the extensions.

The discussion is about CSS. There is no technical reason why a browser can't support standard CSS, extensions to CSS, and ActiveX at the same time. But if the standard CSS were fully implemented, people wouldn't use the extensions very much, and there wouldn't be much need for those "best viewed with..." buttons.

While the idea of using a browser as a client-server application environment may have some merit, I just want to present a clean page of text and graphics. The browser wars make that harder than it has to be.

---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=