FW: One manual, two products

Subject: FW: One manual, two products
From: Lynn Perry <CLPerry -at- WALLDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 18:37:49 -0800

Anon wrote:
<snip>
which apply only to the Pro product. This might be done using a different
color, a special symbol or logo, or a different page layout. I'm really not
sure how to begin, and I thought it might be helpful to look at some samples
</snip>

We have a similar situation. What I do is add a small bitmap image directly
in the document. We use FrameMaker (to PDF and HTML), but the same approach
would work for Word or any other word processing or desktop publishing
software.

The trick is to make the image noticeable without having it be distracting
or adding confusion to the page. The confusing layout resulting on some
pages required that I reorganize a bit, but overall this approach worked the
best.

good luck.

C. Lynn Perry
clperry -at- walldata -dot- com
Wall Data Incorporated / Seattle WA
Some days it doesn't pay to gnaw through the straps

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=