Re: Thoughts on working WITH developers...

Subject: Re: Thoughts on working WITH developers...
From: "HICKEY, John David" <jdhickey -at- GROUPE-PROGESTIC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 13:20:49 -0500

Um... hello.

This isn't John David Hickey, but I felt I just needed to add this in. When
I walked by David's desk, I found that he had fainted dead-away, presumably
after he read this message. We've laid him out on the boss's desk and we're
fanning him with draft copies of his manuals.

I've read you post and realize what's happened. You shouldn't try to shock
our writers with such ideas. Do you see how it overloads their systems?
Rubbish, really. Such concepts should be reserved for philosophical
discussions at the pub.

Technically yours,

Jean-Guy Developer

>Reading these stories about belligerent SMEs really brings home how good
>life is for me. "My" engineers are all my friends and great people who
>think documentation is equally as important as the program. They'll tell
>you that without the documentation people won't use their software, or
>they'll just use it enough to get frustrated. My boss, the big Kahuna of
>the company, says our products will fail without the documentation. The
>result of all this? When an engineer makes changes or thinks up something
>new, he or she calls ME over to see it and experience it, and add my two
>cents as it is developed. Cool, huh?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=