Re: Tech writing data storage pet peeve

Subject: Re: Tech writing data storage pet peeve
From: Lynda Straus <Lynda_Straus -at- THEMONEYSTORE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 16:58:25 -0800

I work on my print documents from the server, and back up to my hard
drive, like you.

For online help, I work on my hard drive (for compiling purposes), and
then back up to the server.

I have only recently mended my ways - I used to do ALL my work on my
hard drive (just lazy, it was easier), and would only back up every
month or two. Then my hard drive started getting flakey, and luckily I
reformed just before the final blue screen. . . . . .

Now if you could just put the fear of the dreaded blue screen into those
writers . . . . . (that'll shape 'em right up)!

snip>
> I am really irritated with tech writers who refuse to store/work with
> their
> docs on the server everyone is supposed to be using. I've worked with
> two
> people like this, at two different companies.
> For some reason they don't feel right unless they're working with the
> docs
> residing on their hard drives. When questioned they'll tell you they
> back
> it
> up to floppy (!) or some other drive. Why won't they use the server
> they're
> supposed to use?
<snip

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=