Re: FrameMaker file to PDF help

Subject: Re: FrameMaker file to PDF help
From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- ZKS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 12:31:51 -0500

Kevin McLauchlan wrote:

> However, when you print, you at least have the opportunity
> to select a printer and adjust settings. When you "Save as..."
> FM makes assumptions and doesn't let you modify them.

Actually, Kevin (and anyone else who is interested), Frame bases it's
assumptions on the printer driver that is set. If (in Windows) you choose
File>Printer Setup, you can configure which printer driver to use when
generating the PDF through the Save As command. If you manually distill a
postscript file, you can pause the job and set the job options and
preferences you want Acrobat to use. Combine that with your newly selected
printer driver, and you have a fair amount of control over how to apply the
Save As PDF command.

It took me a while to figure this out, but once I selected a printer that
used an Adobe PS driver, most of my PDF problems disappeared.

Paul
Paul "RTFM Guy" Branchaud (paul -at- zks -dot- net)
Lead Technical Writer, Zero-Knowledge Systems, Inc.
PGP Fingerprint: 1AE6 D0D1 AAD9 BD36 3F3E 33EE 887D A797 1ACA 6B56

I had a fortune cookie the other day and it said, "Outlook not so good."
I said, "Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway."

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=