Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts

Subject: Re: Favorite/Recommended Fonts
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 10:07:49 +0100

Peter Martin wrote:
<And it's been a while since I was in Europe: can someone confirm that,
<say, the majority of European newspapers use sans serif body font ?
<Or is this an urban myth ?
Definitely as regards France. There is the same proportion of sans
titles and serif body text as in US papers.
My Italian colleagues say the same thing.
Yet, Japanese people scarcely serif their kanas. (Kanjis are usually
serifed. On a second look, there are serifed kanas. It depends...)
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
http://www.mega.com