The Worst Thing About Contracting

Subject: The Worst Thing About Contracting
From: Elizabeth Vollbach <bethvollbach -at- EARTHLINK -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:27:14 -0700

I just got through doing a mess of contract jobs. (And "mess" is an
appropriate word.) The only reason I can imagine that I might *really*
prefer contracting is if I want to be home my kids more often than I
could be with a permanent job. But I don't have kids.

There are many reasons for my dissatisfaction with contracting, but top
of the list is how demeaning it was. I never felt wanted. I never felt
like I belonged where I was. I never felt valued, necessary, or
important.

(Sounds a lot like someone would say about a past marriage, doesn't it?)

Beth

--
http://www.evansplumbing.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=