Re: Basic question on graphical help.

Subject: Re: Basic question on graphical help.
From: Graham Tillotson <graham -at- MEGSINET -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 01:02:27 -0500

I agree with Chuck Martin that 1) you need to edit your graphics with
software fit for the task, and 2) you sometimes have to adjust for screen
real estate.

The most common task I perform with PaintShop Pro is *resampling*, which
resizes graphics far better than simple resizing. Often you have to bump up
the resolution to work with an image, then resample and save back to a lower
resolution, and this is precisely why you can't use a tool with limited
editing capability.

Another option for graphics--which I just realized I need on my current
project--is to maintain a larger image size and provide some sort of zoom
functionality. We use Virtual Media's MediaZoom for this. You can use
MediaZoom with RoboHELP (and probably any other authoring package) to allow
users to zoom in and out of a large graphic. It is cheap--$70--and can be
found if you dig long enough at Virtual Media's web site. Note that Folio
Views has zoom functionality built in--you can view documentation in one tab
and switch over to an "object" tab to view images. The zoom settings for
each tab can be different.

Graham Tillotson, Senior Consultant
Whittman-Hart, Inc. Chicago, IL

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=