questions about Austin, TX job market

Subject: questions about Austin, TX job market
From: Kay Koller <koller -at- INXPRESS -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 1999 10:27:10 -0500

I'll be moving from Madison, WI to Austin this summer. I'd
appreciate any information or advice about the job market
there for experienced tech writers. I haven't seen too many
openings posted on the online job sites, and what I have
seen are mostly contract positions. Do most companies use
contractors rather than permanent employees? I know there
are a lot of companies in the hardware industry there, are
there also opportunities documenting software? Is there any
chance of getting relocation expenses paid for?

Thanks,
Kay Koller
koller -at- inxpress -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=