Re: FWD: What to do in slack times?

Subject: Re: FWD: What to do in slack times?
From: Marjorie Hermansen-Eldard <meldard -at- ZZSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 1999 11:05:33 -0600

I volunteered to write the corporate style guide, added troubleshooting and error/system messages appendices to my manual, and attended a Seagate Crystal Reports training course. I also attend internal training sessions, sponsored by development, testing, and support.

I also make myself available for ad hoc editing and review assignments. Nearly all the executive staff and product management guys ask me to review their correspondence, web documents, etc.

I also keep current on reading. . . whether it's the newest publication in the John Wiley technical communication series, the STC Intercom or the journal or even the Adobe Magazine.

I've also been known to "volunteer" to do product testing. . . it sure teaches you a lot about the product you're documenting and the testing department never turns away good help!

Marj Hermansen-Eldard
Senior Technical Writer
ZZSoft, Inc.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=