Re: linking to framed document

Subject: Re: linking to framed document
From: AlQuin <cbon -at- WXS -dot- NL>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 1999 15:52:31 +0200

On 08-04-1999 17:50 Susan Vineyard wrote:

>I need to create a link to a specific document on our company Itranet
>and have it appear in same navigational frame in which the main page
>appears, so I must control what appears in a named window of the frame
>with a link. I don't want to use javascript because I have some users
>with old technology. Is there a way to do this? I think there must be,
>but I can't locate the code.
>
>Thanks!
>
>--Susan Vineyard

Suppose your window in which your main page appears has been named MAIN.

Just use a linklike this: <A HREF="newpage.htm" TARGET=main>your specific
document</A>

and your page will appear in the MAIN named window.

This also works from other frames in the document.

Regards
Kees de Bondt

AlQuin
informationflow-improvement
text
document
business communication
total quality

* Occasionally, things really do work right (Murphy's law 2)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=