Re: Change Pages for Manuals

Subject: Re: Change Pages for Manuals
From: Melonie Holliman <melonie -dot- holliman -at- TXEXMTA4 -dot- AMD -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 08:01:26 -0500

Howdy,

Reprinting manuals on a regular basis can be VERY expensive.
Adding change pages can get confusing and complicated.

Considering those two points, I usually attempt to provide
updated electronic files for minor revisions (PDF format) with
some kind of revision summary. Either we can post it on the
web or we send out CDs (much cheaper than print). We will
reprint the books at a major revision.

My industry moves WAY too fast. Most of our customers
want PDF anyway; by the time the manual goes to print
it is out-of-date most of the time.

Melonie R. Holliman
Technical Writer
CPD Marketing