Converting PCL Files to TIFF

Subject: Converting PCL Files to TIFF
From: Carol Sipes <Carol_Sipes -at- BESTSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 12:16:20 -0400

Hello all,

Does anyone know of a program, preferably inexpensive, that can convert PCL
files to TIFF files? We have always captured screenshots of the reports in
our software product by printing them to PCL files (using an HP II print
driver), then converting them to TIFFs. An old 16-bit version of Hijaak Pro
used to perform the process beautifully. However, version 4.5 (which we
purchased to run on our NT machines) does not seem to be able to read the
PCL files, much less convert them. When we try to open (or convert) a PCL
file, it shows up as unreadable garbage.

Carol Sipes

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=