Re: Webster copyrights

Subject: Re: Webster copyrights
From: Paul Inbar <inbar -at- ELRON -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 23:00:39 +0300

Hi Debbie,

If you look around in the Web sites of big companies, you can usually find a
section (usually a rather lengthly section) dealing with copyrights, use of
logos, product names, etc. And these things are usually quite specific and
detailed. I don't how many people actually pay attention to all the details, but
they are there, and if you don't follow the instructions I suppose you open
yourself up to litigation. If you're interested in a specific link as an
example, please email me off-list.

Paul Inbar
Elron Software

Debbie Packer wrote:

> I recently found out that the company I work for received a copyright notice
> from Webster regarding an advertisement they were running. The ad used the
> word value and contained a graphic that showing the pronunciation and the
> defintion of the word. The letter stated that they needed to obtain
> permission if they were to continue to run the ad.
>
> I realize that there are a lot of copyright issues to consider, but this is
> one I would never have thought of.
>
> Is this something that anyone else has come across with manuals or other
> materials being distributed to the public?
>
> Debbie

> Debbie Packer - Web Developer
> Stingray Powerboats
> mailto:dpacker -at- stingrayboats -dot- com
> http://www.stingrayboats.com
>
> (843)383-4507 ext. 155
>
> Don't take life too seriously -- you'll never get out of it alive.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=