Re: Webster's copyrights?

Subject: Re: Webster's copyrights?
From: Arlen P Walker <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 15:22:00 -0500

>If so, it *does* seem like a big
>hairy copyright violation to me, since you can't just take a piece of
>someone else's work and put it in your ad without getting permission
>(unless you can somehow make it fit under the fair use guidelines).

Or take the copy from a vintage (say 1920's) version of the dictionary.
After all, the word value hasn't changed much in meaning in the last
70 years or so. A 1920's definition of it might be good enough for your
purposes, and most anything done in 1920 has fallen into the public domain.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=