Microsoft Certification

Subject: Microsoft Certification
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:24:54 -0600

>>I've been looking at the Microsoft Certified Professional
>>credential using Frontpage 98. I figure if I can get thru
>>the first hoop then the other hoops (MCP+Site Building,
>>or maybe +Internet) should be relatively straightforward.
>>
>>My questions are simple ones (for those that have jumped
>>thru the accreditation hoops): has the time, money and
>>effort been worthwhile? Has it made you a more valuable
>>>resource?

I think it makes people more marketable, not necessisarily more valueable.
I do not think Bill Gates is certified, but he runs a fairly large software
company.

Some potential employers look for certifications not necessisarily talent.
THE best c++ programmers i personally know are not certified and they are
self-taught.

Bob Maxey

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=