Looking for Telecommuting Work

Subject: Looking for Telecommuting Work
From: Arthur Schweke <tekwrite -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:02:42 PDT

I am getting ready to move to a small town that does not have writing
jobs. I need to telecommute to make a living. If anyone has any
information, or if you are looking for somebody to do a project,
please contact me. My resume is attached. Thank you.

Arthur Schweke
34675 N. Hwy. 45
Lake Villa, Illinois 60046
847-543-8429
adschweke -at- hotmail -dot- com
Employment Experience
Interim Technology, Schaumburg, Illinois-January 1999 to Present
Contract with Komatsu America, Vernon Hills, Illinois
Technical Writer
Designing and writing a user manual for the MIS helpdesk technicians
including
· Hardware requirements and
configuration instructions
· Software installation instructions
· End-user software documents
· Employee manuals for on-site operations
· Created site specific helpdesk procedures

Aerotek Corporation, Rolling Meadows, Illinois-October 1988 to
January 1999
Contract with Motorola Corporation, Schaumburg, IL
Technical Writer
· Revised and rewrote software documentation written by Motorola
engineers for iDEN mobile phone network
· Assisted in development of style manual for Motorola's Technical
Writing Services
· Worked with engineers for quality control of documents
· Working with Technical Writing Services manager to establish
department standards
Open Text Corporation, Bannockburn, Illinois-January 1998 to
September 1998
Technical Writer
· Wrote on-line help pages.
· Participated in the software development process.
· Tested software applications and documentation.
· Participated in peer review of documents.
· Participated in production and design meetings.
· Wrote on-line help page style manual.
· Tested all the web-page production for valid HTML tags and links.
· Wrote an intracompany publications catalog.
· Converted a Livelink marketing demonstration manual to a hands-on
training manual.
United States Postal Service, Lake Forest, Illinois-December 1993
to January 1998
Letter Carrier
· Sorted and delivered mail for route.
· Prepared documentation for accountable mail.
· Maintained records of route activity.
· Obtained signatures for accountable mail.
Clark Boardman Callaghan (West Publishing), Deerfield, Illinois-
April 1988 to December 1993
Text Preparation
· Marked-up manuscripts for composition.
· Reviewed interim and final pages.
· Designed hardcover spines.
· Researched and verified legal citations.
· Copy-edited manuscripts and merged indexes.
· Proofreading.
Chicago City-Wide College, Chicago, Illinois-January 1983 to March
1988
Veterans Counselor
· Conducted education counseling for veterans.
· Processed veterans claim information.
· Administered veterans education benefits programs.
· Worked with Veterans Administration on processing of veteran
student educational claims.
Computer Skills
· MS Word
· Homesite HTML
· Office 97
· Windows 3.1, 95, and 98

Education
College of Lake County, Grayslake, Illinois-August 1996 to August 1998
Major: Technical Communications
Completed courses: Technical Writing I, Technical Writing II,
Fundamentals of the Internet, Web-Page Design, Introduction to IBM
PC/DOS, Introduction to Computers, and Introduction to Photography.
University of Illinois at Chicago-1985 to 1986
Major: History
Loop Junior College, Chicago, Illinois-1983 to 1985
Major: Social Services Award: Associates Degree
Awards
Winner in a technical writing contest sponsored by the College of
Lake County.

Member of the Society of Technical Communications.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=