Re: There's more to it than money (Was: How Do You NOT Mention S...

Subject: Re: There's more to it than money (Was: How Do You NOT Mention S...
From: Ruth Markham <Pmar8899z -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 11:47:40 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/99 10:05:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
pstaples -at- AIRWIRE -dot- COM writes:

<< An important thing for me is that I get to work with bright and interesting
people on cool projects. I get to learn new things on the job. My employer
pays my professional memberships and pays my way to at least one major
conference a year. >>

I wholeheartedly agree with Penny that compensation goes far beyond salary.
My employer, too, pays for professional dues and training/conferences. As
the lone tech writer, I have considerable authority and responsibility for
complete projects. I would have great difficulty working in an environment
where I was assigned a small piece of a large project of which I probably had
little input into the design.

But by far my greatest perk is a wonderful boss who allows me to telecommute
1-2 days a week. I'm working at home today because my son has an early
release day from school. Granted this is what's right for me at this point
in my life and working at home may be less of an issue later on. However,
right now, it would take a LOT of money for me to move on!

Different strokes for different folks.....

Ruth Markham
Sr. Technical Writer
Clark Refining & Marketing

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=