Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley -- Initial Responses

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley -- Initial Responses
From: Elna Tymes <etymes -at- LTS -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:57:59 -0700

Maurice -

You now have at least one off-the-board very detailed refutation of your friend's diatribe against Silicon Valley, and probably
more. You also have Andrew Plato's refutation, which appeared publicly.

The horror stories you wrote about (about technical writers living in homeless shelters) simply don't happen. In terms of people
budding up the prices of houses - yes, it happens, but not usually in the more reasonably (for here) priced homes. There was ONE
case last month where a house in Woodside (a very expensive suburb) went for $1M+ over the asking price, with several bidders.
But realize that the asking price was several $MM to begin with. In the small Mountain View community where I live, houses have
been going for within 5% of the asking price, and have been staying on the market for 4-8 weeks.

Maurice - you're guilty of spreading fear and false rumors, and I strongly suggest you check out the facts before you do so
again.

Elna Tymes
Los Trancos Systems

Maurice King wrote:

> Several of you requested that I post a summary of the responses I received with regards to my questions about Silicon Valley.
>
> Thus far, the responses that I have received could best be summarized by a statement made by one subscriber:
>
> >The report you got from your source in California is >DEAD ON THE MONEY.
>
> I didn't get a single response that refuted the report. All of them confirmed everything that I wrote.
>
> If anybody wants details, please contact me directly.
>
> - Maury

> Get free personalized email at http://geocities.iname.com
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=