Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley
From: Wayne Douglass <wayned -at- VERITY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:43:38 -0700

At 10:41 AM 4/14/99 -0400, Maury King wrote:
<This report so chilled my blood that I immediately shelved any idea of
moving to the Bay area until I could check out the report further. Was the
case worker being overly alarmist, or is the report accurate? Silicon
Valley still provides one of the strongest markets for technical writing,
which is why I cannot afford to overlook such tales of terror. If there is
truth in this report, please inform me off the list.>

It's all true! Stay away! The fewer tech writers in this area the better -
for me.

But all seriousness aside, it sounds as if your source was reading from a
recent local newspaper report, which you can find at:
<http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/1999/04/1
3/MN7781.DTL>

--Wayne

Wayne Douglass phone: 408-542-2139
Verity, Inc. FAX: 408-542-2040
894 Ross Road mailto:wayned -at- verity -dot- com
Sunnyvale, CA 94089 http://www.verity.com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=