Re: FWD: Stock Options for Tech Writers

Subject: Re: FWD: Stock Options for Tech Writers
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- EXPERSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 12:25:29 -0700

At 08:48 AM 4/14/99 -0600, Anonymous User wrote:
>I'm in the process of interviewing at several companies for tech.
>writing positions. At least two companies have offered me stock options
>as part of my compensation. Is this becoming more common? If any other
>tech. writers have received such offers, how much weight or importance
>have you given to stock options?

I don't know how common stock options have become in other areas of
the country, but in San Diego/Orange County CA I've had stock options
for the last three jobs/seven (or so) years.

For me, stock options don't take the place of salary. I still want to
be paid a fair wage (and then some <g>!). But they're an extra that says
how much the company values me. If programming staff gets stock options
and tech writers don't, I don't want to work there.

I've made money two out of three times, to the tune of about $30 K.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=