Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley

Subject: Re: The Truth About Silicon Valley
From: Bob Morrisette <writer1 -at- SABU -dot- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 09:31:38 -0700

When I read this subject, I knew I would not see the truth.
This case worker should be ashamed of passing on dubious facts.
Sure, the average prices are high and rents very high, but my 4 BR
1972 home in in San Jose recently appraised for $205K. Almost all
homes in my subdivision are valued at less than $200K.

>every time a house is put on the market, people are willing to pay 15-20%
>above the asking price because the demand is enormous.

There is some bidding, but mostly for expensive (over 1 million) homes.
I know people who have had $200K-$300K homes for sale many months.

>Beyond the problem of housing is the price of food, which runs well above
>justifiable price levels, so I heard.

This is total bull. We live near the produce capital of the US. Other
food is comparable.

Computers, appliances, etc. are very inexpensive.

As a poster mentioned yesterday, she only received three writer resumes
at a large job fair yesterday. We had difficulty hiring contractors,
finally decided to recycle a training person who is doing very well.
Our $1500 bounty for referrals was just raised to $3000 and $5000
for certain engineers. Buildings are rising in every direction.
There are jobs at good pay for qualified people.

The benefits of living here far outweigh the disadvantages.

I didn't intend to be so long-winded. If you have specific questions,
I'll reply to e-mail.

Bob Morrisette
writer1 -at- sabu -dot- ebay -dot- Sun -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=