FW: Job Opportunity in Alexandria, VA

Subject: FW: Job Opportunity in Alexandria, VA
From: "Cheryl L. Dwyer" <cheryl -at- WORLDWEB -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 10:25:26 -0400

Hi, techwhirlers,

I'm resending this posting (with Eric's permission!) as the digest version
it was supposed to be in was somehow truncated... To those who have already
seen it, please accept my apologies for the repost...
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

My company would like to add a second technical writer to our R&D staff, and
it's a great opportunity with a growing company! The job information is
listed below, and as I am the contact point, please direct any questions to
me. Thanks!

Cheryl Dwyer

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
About us:
Worldweb.net is a fast-moving Internet company that provides i-content
management solutions. Its flagship product is Expressroom, a complete,
powerful, and easy-to-use solution for online publishers. Worldweb.net also
offers a full range of traditional Web services--graphics design, site
hosting, database integration, engineering and programming, connectivity,
and consulting.

Expressroom is a registered trademark of Worldweb.net. For more information,
visit us at http://www.worldweb.net.

Job opportunity:
Technical Writer, full-time, on-site in a dynamic, informal environment
working with professionals

Location:
Alexandria, Virginia

Duties:
Working with a senior technical writer, you will design and develop online
help and both hardcopy and online manuals for cutting-edge technology. You
will be co-responsible for all phases of the development lifecycle from
designing, writing, editing, and indexing to maintenance.

Requirements:
Ability to write clearly and concisely to all audiences, from end-users to
technical programmers
Highly motivated self-starter who works well with others in a fast-paced
developmental environment
Minimum of two years hands-on experience documenting software applications
as online help, hardcopy manuals, online manuals, or training guides
Experience with MS Word (version 7.0 preferred), FrameMaker (version 5.5.6
preferred) or a desktop publishing tool, and a help authoring tool (ForeHTML
Pro 3 and JavaHelp preferred)
Bachelor's Degree in Technical Writing, English, Communications, or a
related field or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
Ability to understand software applications and to communicate that
knowledge to your audience
Familiarity with HTML, XML, and Java a plus
Ability to enjoy and take pride in your work

Information:
Worldweb.net is located in Old Town Alexandria, nine blocks from the Potomac
River, with great shops and restaurants just a few steps away. We are
privately owned and are an equal-opportunity employer, offering an excellent
benefits package and competitive salary commensurate with education and
experience.

Please furnish writing samples and references at interview.

Contact:
Send, email, or fax resume to:
worldweb.net
Cheryl L. Dwyer