Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Learn XML Online

Subject: Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Learn XML Online
From: Tom Campbell <klook -at- EUDORAMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 12:14:59 -0500

Courtesy of Webreference.com, here's a list of some other FREE sources of XML info. (plus a couple found at Yahoo). Maybe they're not as thorough as this $600 course, but for free, maybe they're worth a look. I offer them with no guarantee of quality. For more information, see http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/ .

GENERAL

What You Need To Know About XML -
http://www.pineapplesoft.com/newsletter/archive/19980201_xml.html

XML: It's Not Your Father's HTML -
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/intro/index.html

XML: Old Whines in New Battles -
http://www.webreference.com/authoring/languages/xml/questions/

XML and the Second-Generation Web (from Scientific American magazine) -
http://www.sciam.com/1999/0599issue/0599bosak.html

What the <?XML!> -
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Peaks/5957/xml.html
(Warning: Adforce link caused page to bomb for me in Netscape.)

HOW TO

XML Does It Your Way -
http://www.webdeveloper.com/categories/html/html_xml_1.html

20 Questions on XML -
http://builder.cnet.com/Authoring/Xml20/index.html

Going from HTML to XML -
http://www.microsoft.com/xml/articles/htmltoxml.asp

Writing Well Formed XML -
http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca/u/relander/XML_Tutorial/wf_xml.html

XSL [Extensible Stylesheet Language] Tutorial -
http://www.microsoft.com/xml/xsl/tutorial/

XML and Perl: Embedding XML in HTML -
http://www.webreference.com/perl/tutorial/1/index.html

XML WEB DIRECTORIES

XML.COM -
http://www.xml.com/xml/pub

XML Resource Guide -
http://www.xml.com/xml/pub/listrescat

XML Reference Guide -
http://www.webreview.com/xml/

XML Resources -
http://www.arbortext.com/xmlresrc.html

XML Resources site -
http://www.chrystal.com

Happy hunting.

---
Tom Campbell
"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great."
--Mark Twain

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=