Technical Trainers who are also SMEs

Subject: Technical Trainers who are also SMEs
From: "Palmer, Phyllis" <PPalmer -at- SPHERECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 09:39:43 -0500

Hello all,
My responsibilities overlap both our Technical Publications department as
well as Training. In our high tech business, we have been using SMEs to do
training. In general, they are great as far as practical knowledge, but I
am concerned that we are not presenting the best "face" of our company to
the trainees. The SME folks usually are less polished, untidy in dress, and
some mannerisms are not, well, as professional for the presentation they are
making. Some are not as adept at picking up the trainee's "profile," or
picking up queues from their environment.

Have any of you approached "cleaning up" the SME for the training
environment? How did you go about training this type of trainer?

Thanks for opening up this discussion.
Phyllis

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=