Re: Quantity vs. Quality

Subject: Re: Quantity vs. Quality
From: Melissa Morgan <mmorgan -at- CDG-HARGRAY -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 13:09:43 -0500

John's response:
>Melissa...what you are doing is comparing a writer
>with less than two years with a crappy writer with
>five to seven years. Why should I accept either if I'm
>looking for an experienced technical writer.

I think what I was trying to say is what if the person
with two years experience is a VERY GOOD writer,
but just does not have a lot of road miles? Should his/her
resume be tossed in the garbage because you, as an
employer have decided the magical numbers will be
3-5 for years of experience? Yeah, you might feel the
odds will be in your favor if you stick to those numbers,
but why should the two year person be utterly excluded,
even if he/she could run circles around your 3-5ers?
Just curious about what these numbers are
supposed to mean vs. what they really mean.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=