Re: Word to PDF (What is the best graphic file to use?)

Subject: Re: Word to PDF (What is the best graphic file to use?)
From: Jim Aikens <jaikens -at- ZOOMIT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 11:13:00 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Leona Dupree <llmdupree -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>

>Hi all! I just converted a MSWord file w/ bitmap images to a PDF file
>and the graphics are fuzzy. They look crisp and clear in the MSWord
>format. What did I do wrong?

Probably nothing, although other may suggest a few options you can
fiddle with, depending on how you are creating the PDF. The problem is
with the Adobe reader. I presume the graphics print clearly (if not, you
may need a patch to fix Reader 3.01, but not other versions, for PCL
printers) but are fuzzy on screen (viewing them at 133% -- 96/72 --
should sharpen them). The good news is that Adobe has attempted to
address the problem in Reader 4.0, which is now available, and the
results are encouraging. Not yet as good as Word, but much, much better
than previous versions.

jim aikens

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=