Re: Wizards..a simple survey

Subject: Re: Wizards..a simple survey
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:12:59 -0700

> I am currently doing some research on the role of
> technical writers and wizards. During the course of
> my research I have found that there are various
> definitions of wizard. As technical writers when you
> think wizards what do you think of?

When I think of Wizards, I think of someone who can
read the minds of their users without asking,
instinctively knows the real intentions and hidden
agendas of their management, knows what the software
will "really" be like when it finally gets delivered
as opposed to what they are working with, can deliver
a "single source" file for hardcopy, online, and web,
and do all of this within 40 hours per week.

yup...that is a Wizard.

===
John Posada
Western Union International