User friendly term for Metadata

Subject: User friendly term for Metadata
From: pete swisher <PSwisher -at- QUARK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 08:49:52 -0600

Hi.

Metadata means "data about data." In the software I'm documenting, an end
user can build custom data views using metadata fields. For example, I could
choose the file name, file location, thumbnail, and file size metadata
fields in building such a data view. Then, when I view a file, I only see
that information.

However, I feel metadata could be intimidating to our end users. Our
audience ranges from sys admins to librarians. A possible choice is
"header", but that's a little vague. Does anyone have some good
suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Pete

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=