Re: Preference: One Big Manual or a Bunch of Smaller Ones?

Subject: Re: Preference: One Big Manual or a Bunch of Smaller Ones?
From: CASSIN Gilles <GCassin -at- MEGA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:18:54 +0100

(re Kevin_Feeman -at- HILL-ROM -dot- COM message)
Splitting a maual and getting read of useless information is surely a
good thing. But keep in mind that, whilst the big heavy thing is rather
difficult to move, then easy to locate, tiny things tend to be scattered
in the wrong office. Having an on-line version (Acrobat reader, for
instance) in addition to the standard docs could be a good solution.
Except that when the pointy haired financial manager sees that, they
compares it with the printer's bills, and it tends to be "no paper
provided", then "no one reads it anyhow, since it's a poorly printed
recto comb-binded (if binded at all) thing". Yet I prefer small things,
provided it's not reduced in size through tiny printing, but by
selecting the accurate information.
Gilles CASSIN
mailto:gcassin -at- mega -dot- com
+33 1 42 75 40 22
My opinions are mine, and neither you nor my company can take credit for
them. YOU can cite them if you think they were of use.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=